Thursday, August 26, 2010

Party Place

This is certainly a week of using this old house...

Wednesday  = I hosted a little party for my cousin Shawn who is trying to re-start her At Home America home-based party thingy...She does not have enough to do with her days...so now she wants to fill her nights too...I don't have her energy....she has dial-up Internet...so she is not as easily distracted as I am...

PRIOR to this event....THis 50 year old had some MAJOR house cleaning to do....can you say DUST-BUNNIES without thinking I am terrible....this house is nearly 100 yrs. old,..the joints creak, the floors dip here and there, the windows look CLOUDY ( never-mind that I have only washed them twice the entire time that I have lived here) ( in my DEFENSE they are practically impossible to  get open, in,,,, out, much less clean.!!), so dust flies in here at free will, and lands on every surface that I abuse with my collections.( THAT I STILL LOVE), plus we are major slobs-- Jene and I...we used to blame the children all 5 of them in birth order, slowly as they left home, the laundry just got lighter and the messes remained...durnd kids~!~!..

Of course Shawn remembered that I said I would LOVE to host a party for her...called and said let's have a date....YIKES....messy summer house...LOVE TO....secretly scoping out the dirt....HOLY CRAP!!  So promptly set down at the laptop to check out facebook....

For 2 days....

then I thought about cleaning for nearly a week,,, then I started tweaking the dust and
thinking I should clean a closet or 3 in preparation for the city wide garage sale (In October) see I like to start things EARLY!!!  You know how people look in your closet when they come for a party!! Snoops~~  The night before I worked myself into a frenzy and by golly this old house came out looking like a Queenie....

Party on, guests came, we ate, we laughed, we drank, we spent money, Shawn and I (Mostly Shawn) gossiped about  our ENTIRE family....I got some free stuff, Shawn made a few extra bucks, Jene got a ride on HD, Cooper got ALOT of attention....What more could a girl ask for....

Thursday....Preparation for party No 2 and Party No 3 this week....
For  none-other than Sweet Little coming into HIS own Personality Great Big One Year old

WESTYNN COLE...

His Beach Bum Water Park Invite All your friends and family from 3 states ( they all said YES we will come) party is Saturday...

His Bless His Little Heart to Heaven Baptism Celebration after Church Dinner will be Sunday - with Most of the people that came for the water splash party and a preacher and his bride ..

Excited...Why yes we are....

When we remodeled I said to handsome Jene...I just want people to feel welcome and at home in our home...I want to share the room that we are blessed with...I want to hear laughter, I want to have alot of  good food, I want to make memories here for me and my family ( and yours if they want to participate)..

He never rolled his eyes (in front of me anyway)

So he set about to  let me decorate this house to suit me, he has been mowing for weeks and watering to beat the heat and grasshoppers and fussing over the meat for the grill....and telling me to get off of facebook and do my part around here ( HE IS SO BOSSY) I say FEAR NOT MR. Allen....multi-talented daughter is in CHARGE of decorations and party planning...I just have to make potato salad...( while I am checking a few of my favorite BLOGS) 

So preparations are nearly done....Anticipation is high....food is getting ready....no photos....decorations are top secret....

We leave for Zenda to Celebrate Brother Jerry turning 80...I hope the SURPRISE is gentle on his heart....

4 parties  -  1  week  --  = The Party Place..

I could not have any more wishes for this house to come true...( unless is STAYED this clean...always)
Oh..well...we have to live here....

Happy Birthday

2 comments:

  1. We are so thankful that you are lending us your spectacular backyard, HUGE bar, and never-ending dining room table to celebrate the special milestones of Westynn's first life! We can't wait to Water Park Palooza tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the ole house is enjoying being filled with love, laughter and good food! Enjoy, enjoy! Can't wait for pics!!

    ReplyDelete