Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happiest Birthday EVER!!! to date!!

How may I help you??

Saturday August 21, 2010..I turned 5o years old..quietly, laughing, taking photos, eating to much of a good thing from Jene's grill, swimming, cupcakes, home-made ice cream with all the toppings we could eat, spending time with my handsome hubby, onry-precious grandkids, and my 2 very talented and computer smart children, we dug through an old barn for some barn wood for Russ, I received a WONDERFUL old dining room table and 3 historic chairs just for being present, was on the receiving end of a MUCH NEEDED computer operator update and technical class, held on the couch with 2 laptops (PRICELESS)  I would be hard-pressed to say WHAT was my favorite part of the day...
Family is the BEST

It did not go un-noticed by me that they all gave up precious time from their busy lives and schedules and families to spend the weekend with me....I cherish this kind of devotion as a mom...It gets harder and harder to have quality family time as everyone grows up...(PRICELESS)

I am thankful to be healthy and of sound mind enough to just sit back and watch as they grow and evolve in to the people that I am so proud of and love with my entire being....(PRICELESS)

I thought about turning 50 a BUNCH....It just slipped right up on me...I NEVER really thing about my age...unless someone asks me how OLD my children are...29  and  27  how did that happen?  yesterday they were babies...I don't know HOW I am supposed to feel at 50  so I am picking  GREAT!!!

I think about MY mom every birthday I have...She had me at the very tender age of 17 and she had been married for over a yr, she was pregnant with me on her Sr. Trip, she had to be INCREDABLY HOT all summer long, I am sure she was unaware about EVERYTHING that was happening in her little body, and then along came  ME....she was poor as a church mouse, my daddy was in the Navy so she lived with my paternal Grandpa, how she must have hated that, I in turn was the apple of his eye,  I KNEW I was his favorite grandchild of all he had...we had a special bond....My mom, bless her heart and soul took a bunch of photos of me, she smoked like a stack, she was young, innocent, yet wordly at the same time...REMARKABLE is the job she did...She bloomed where she was planted...I thank God so much for her and her influence on who I am at 50!!

Debbie, Maxine, Me, Linda, Gayla.... MUMS!!!!
I consider myself not too social and kind of a homebody...I always say my job at the bank is my social life and I don't really have too many friends....well...that simply is NOT true...my Facebook account allowed me to receive 59 birthday wishes...I would say I have the best Friends....I work with a super bunch of ladies that let me not do quite all of the daily duties last Friday because of ALL the people that stopped by to wish me a happy BIRTHDAY...plus some of them wore headbands made by Debra....not everyone can wear FALL FOLIAGE in their hair...

To say I am blessed is to put it midly....I am the LUCKIEST GIRL in the WHOLE U S A....

A perfect way to CELEBRATE my day...

I have learned how to add photos...yippee!!!

Fifty year old   ROBIN

3 comments:

  1. Well I for one am really happy to see that you know how to operate your blog! Glad you had such a wonderful 50th birthday because we had so much fun helping you celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! sounds like a great day!!! Love your writing style--and what a super birthday present for a computer geek--a blogging for dummies training session!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found ya! =) Glad you had a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete