Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Ole Summer Time

Summer is here.. Officially on the 21st...in my heart it was the day after school was out, anyway that is how is was when I was a kid..and summer ended the day school began again in August. Summer is 'different' for me now... I work year-round and the banking industry does not revolve around any particular schedule....we just work in climate controled environments on a daily basis.. for that I am GRATEFUL!!!!This evening I am thinking about just how quickly summer is zooming by me...my thoughts are all to myself as I am home alone....My hubby has gone 'plum-CRAZY'...Summer is fun - 101$1.00 flip flops - what is NOT to love about them ( 10 or more pairs) seriouslyPink Lemonade - with a swirly straw Cambree shared with me - just because she wanted me to have one.Red Glider - Old fashioned, slow, dependable, perfect view of 3 of my birdfeeders, sqeaky just a little....Birdfeeders - many guests flit in and out... I LOVE them all....the bluejays are downright mean!! I even have 2 humming birds....Elevators - trucks full of golden grains of wheat, noisy, BUSY, steadfast, a true icon of Coldwater....I do not remember NOT have a elevator....I am glad I do not live NORth of the elevator. for the sheer noise factor...the lights on at night are kinda cool....at the very top.Flowers - water, which I secretly love to play in is required often, I am by no means a master gardener but I do love a pretty blossomFear factor - Putting on a bathing suit....Geez WHERE did these bloodveins come from....Oh yeah..I'm pushing 50 PRETTY hard and have been on my feet for 30+ years working....YIKES!!Fun factor - Getting over the fear of the suit, when your grandkids call and say meet us at the pool in 10 mins...More Fun- 'letting' your 6 yr old grandson WIN the splash contest, 'letting' your 4 yr old granddaughter ( who has ABSOLUTLEY not IDEA that she is only 4 and VERY VERY small) Win the race to the rope...Even more fun - CAN YOU say DIVING board!!! ( ugh-- them not me) Priceless!!Jene does ALOT of the cooking -- on the trager- this enables the above fear factor about the suit...our DECK -- we should have built this 10 years sooner....we missed ALOT of just sittin on the deck time....we visit more, and listen to nature more (when the elevator is 'off') it is very private and we can just hang out in our 'fat' clothes and NO ONE can see us....PRICELESS!!Traffice -- we really only have much traffic for about 3 months....but we do get to see alot of folks just driving around the lake...waves...yes, this is a small town....T-BALL -- fun for Preston, Westynn like it for approximatley 1 hour, Cambree can hardly wait to play, she got an extra shirt this year,..yippee..I wish I could record EVERYTHING those 5-6-7-yr old say...sitting close the the dug-out is PRICELESS>>>SPRINKLERS -- please tell me ... we are NOT the only people that sit and watch them.....I would run through it....but that would require me leaving this RED GLIDER....or perhaps falling down the steps of the deck....so watching is a good thing..S'MORES -- brings out the girlscout in me....Man I love those things....another reason for the FEAR FACTOR -- HA!Picnics -- Grandkids and food out of a cooler....bologna never tasted so good....I really don't like that nasty stuff....it just wrote good....Harley Davidson -- JENE loves his other 'girl' and rides her every chance he gets.....I cherish the quiet time while he is away...I hate riding when it's HOT!!!! Fireworks - Personally I think they are a HUGE waste of money....but Preston and Cambree LOVE LOVE LOVE them....I like the ones at the lake....maybe Westynn will be asleep and need a sitter....WATER AEROBICS.. i swim 3 nights a week with ladies I do not routine socialize with...I get a tan, I don't sweat and by the END of summer I am somewhat in shape..anyway it is a different one than I started with...Summer time....I do love the changing of the seasons here in my little spot of heaven on earth....AIR CONDITIONING love that the most when it's super hotSquirrels, bikes, PLUMS, a few of my other favorites....Happy Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment