Saturday, June 18, 2011

We call him Papa

Father's Day is upon us....A Day to be thankful for the men in our lives....

Just a few short years ago....20 in February...Jene Allen entered our lives to become the Step-dad to my 2 children...I do NOT know how the term 'step' got involved with re-marriages and blended families...I for one am not a big fan of that description...

HE LOVES HIS HARLEY more than life itself!!

He is the youngest in his family...some say a spoiled rotten brat....

He was a single dad to 3 very onry boys for nearly 3 yrs...He had NEVER. EVER. been around a little girl.. We quite literally ROCKED their world...we came with, potions and creams and beauty supplies, and magazines, and we didn't like gravy on everything that we ate....they moved in with us...we had one semi-working bathroom, they came with 3 paper routes, one job as county Sheriff with 24-7 calls and 'STUFF', they were rough and tumbled and shot stuff and drove fast, and made huge messes EVERYWHERE, UN-ending laundry, more sports than we could attend...we were book-worms and had cats, we were quite people, they were loud.....


He asked me on a date.....HOLY CRAP  a date ....I  went thinking he was a dirty old man....we had fun...and we kept going on dates...so that they were... I was AFRAID to tell me mom...after- all I was nearly 31 years old....we talked and talked and did some kissing...not bad for an OLD guy....then YIKES..he proclaimed he loved me and thought this could all work as ONE family....I stood firm and  declared NOT ON YOUR LIFE  Sheriff....I got the heck out of that relationship  in a HURRY....Silence was not so golden....He was hurt  but alas  he was PERSISTENT...then he felt sorry for me and hired me so I could have 3  jobs to make ends meet and I became his dispatcher....some training was required and equipment was installed in my house....a few awkward moments....and soon we were kissing again....

THE REST IS HISTORY....
Loretta insisted on a cake after the wedding, we went on an overnite HONEYMOON to Wichita,  we both had to work on Monday....Moving commenced and LO and BEHOLD I found myself in a big ole busy blended family...

LONG story short.....It had a million rough spots, and bunch of laughter, buckets of tears, hundreds of loads of laundry, a TON and 1/2 of  food, Gallons of Milk and even more gallons of gas...

He really is the very best thing that has come along in my life....

The biggest blessing to me and my heart is that he has ALWAYS treated my children as if they were his own...

My Grandkids have no idea he is NOT their BIOLOGICAL Papa....their love between the 4 of them is palpable, honest, spontaneous, genuine, without time limits and full of hugs and giggles....They all favor him over me  ( SNIFF.. sniff  pout and cry - t0 NO avail)

So my tribute to FATHERS DAY   goes to Mr... A....We love YA


His boys and grandkids think he is tops and so do we.....

Happy DAD's day Papa Jene....

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I love your story! So glad it has been a blessing for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself...Happy Dad's Day Papa Jene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =( I left a comment but it's gone. Where do things that are lost REALLY go in cyberspace? Anyway, I loved this! It made me laugh AND crY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun story!! Good for you both!! Congrats on 20 years.

    ReplyDelete